We strive to make sure everyone feels comfortable with our products, so we’ll start with bottom line information and then answer some FAQs and give you some more links to learn even more. If you still have questions, you can always reach out to us directly at email@example.com
- Our CBD is safe for both you AND your pets.
- There is absolutely no THC in our products.
- All CBD is hemp derived.
- You will not get high from any of our products.
- We always encourage you to talk to you or your pets healthcare provider before using any of our products.
What is CBD?
CBD is short for cannabidiol. Our CBD is hemp derived and cannot get you high. It is completely non-psychoactive.
What will it feel like when I take CBD?
CBD has zero psychoactive properties and its effects are very subtle. Depending on how you choose to use CBD (more on that later), you will feel more relaxed, calm and pain free. Sometimes people can feel like they are floating or a little fuzzy, this usually happens when CBD is taken in higher doses as your body becomes more relaxed.
How do I use CBD?
We offer two types of CBD products – topically and ingestible.
Topically, CBD will be transdermal and is best for pain an inflammation of joints and muscles, including menstrual cramps and arthritis. CBD also helps with stretchmarks, scars, psoriasis and eczema.
Ingestible products are most helpful for those with anxiety, depression and sleeping issues. CBD is also help with digestion and internal pain.
For your pets, you can use our topicals to help with scar healing after surgery. But the majority of the time ingestible are used for pets to help with arthritis, surgery recovery, long term pain issues and most notably for separation anxiety. It can also be used in higher-than-normal dosing for stressful events – 4th of July, long car rides or vet visits.
What dosing should I use? And how often?
This is probably the most common question we receive at our shop and it’s simple – it depends.
Topically, you can use as much as you think you need.
Usually, a pea size of our lotion is great for a hip or forearm. If you’re taking our lotion to a massage therapy appointment, we usually suggest having your massage therapist using about a quarter size on your back. If you’re using it on your pet, you will have to massage a bit more to get it into their skin through their fur. You can use your CBD lotion as often as you feel you need it, usually people will use our lotion 2-3 times per day for chronic issues.
For our bombs are set at 200mg, which is very strong and meant to help with full body relaxation. We also offer our soaks which allows you to set your strength, most people enjoy our soaks using 50mg-100mg.
Using our CBD internally for humans is just like everything in life, we are all different and metabolize things differently. Our rule of thumb is 10mg-15mg for most humans and the effects will last 6-8 hours. We create most of our treats based on this and that is why you will find most of our products come in 10mg or 15mg. For animals, we suggest 1mg-2mg for every 10lbs (you can review this further on our CBD dog products).
For humans and animals, if you are looking to treat something that is chronic (anxiety, separation anxiety, sleep issues), we suggest you use our CBD three times a day to help to keep the CBD in the system regularly: first thing in the morning, when you get home from work and right before bed. This schedule is helpful by creating a routine for yourself and your pet.
If you are looking to deal with an especially difficult situation, you can always double and triple dose yourself or your pet. We just recommend trying this before the event. For example, if you have a fear of flying or it’s 4th of July for your pets.
I’ve tried other CBD products and they haven’t worked, why should I try yours?
Unfortunately, we hear that a lot from first time customers. There are two main reasons for this:
- Our industry is not well regulated at the consumer level. Companies looking to make lots of money quickly will not treat their CBD correctly, causing the product to breakdown and not be as potent as they label it. Some places will procure CBD that is not as pure as others because it is cheaper.
- Companies will be very deceiving in their marketing. You may see products that say they’re “hemp extract” or 20mg of hemp. CBD is extracted from the flower of the plant, not the seeds. Often times companies will use the keyword of hemp and prey on those who assume hemp = CBD.
To combat these issues, we are completely transparent about the CBD we use and how we handle it in their process. For us, these are the most important things to know:
1. We always require our CBD to be send out for independent testing before purchasing. We do this to make sure that we are providing our customers with the products we promise you. It is also to make sure that our product contains ZERO THC because our CBD can be found in our dog treats and we don’t want that anywhere near our pups. You can always see the independent analysis HERE.
2.When we’re adding CBD to any of our products, we do not add it until the product is under 180° to make sure we keep our CBD completely intact. Once CBD is heated above 200°, it will start to breakdown into other compounds that are not helpful to the human body.
Will CBD make me fail a drug test?
We would suggest talking to the company that may be testing you. Generally speaking, most drug tests are testing for THC since that is the easiest way for drug tests to search for marijuana use. Our CBD is sent out for independent testing to make sure, among other things, that there is 0.00% THC. However, we do suggest/encourage you to speak to the company that will be administering the test before using any CBD products.
What if I have other questions?
Damn! We thought we covered it all! If you have any other questions, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll get back to you as quickly as possible.